I am sure you have wondered whether coffee has any positive health benefits? Well tell answer your question and clear some doubts. The answer is YES, according to years of research and lab work coffee actually has many health benefits. From now on, your morning coffee cup will not just be consumed to wake you up and energize you. But you might want to consider drinking Kopi Luwak or any other coffee to stay healthy.
1. Cancer: Harvard Medical School Health Publications studies have shown that those who drink coffee are 50 percent less likely to suffer from cancer. These studies were specifically done on breast, rectal and colon cancers. Another study done by the Journal of Nutrition confirmed that women who consume 4 cups of coffee a day decreased the risk of breast cancer by 38 percent.
2. Diabetes: Kopi Luwak coffee is also effective for type 2 Diabetes. Of course, if you consume coffee with a a high amount of sugar and creamer then the blend would be counterproductive. Kopi Luwak coffee may help those suffering with diabetes by 50% if you drink up to 4 cups a day. Article was published by Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry in 2012
3. Parkinson’s: The American Academy of Neurology in August 2012 released an article stating, “Studies have shown that people who use caffeine are less likely to develop Parkinson’s disease.”According to Ronald Postuma, MD After six weeks, the half that took the caffeine supplements averaged a five-point improvement in Parkinson’s severity ratings compared to those who didn’t consume caffeine.
4. Gallstones: New results from a large study showed that 25% lower risk of gallstones among women who regularly drink 4 or more cups of coffee a day (compared to women who drink none). This was Published in the December 2002 issue of the journal Gastroenterology, comes from the famous Harvard Nurses’ Health Study, which has followed more than 80,000 women for the last 20 years. An earlier study found that drinking coffee lowers gallstone risk among men as well.
5. Depression: Women who drink a few cups of coffee have a lower risk of depression than women who don’t drink any coffee, according to a Harvard study.
That research, published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, shows that women who drink two to three cups of coffee a day have a 15 percent lower risk, while women who drink four or more cups of coffee a day have a 20 percent lower risk.
6. Muscle pain: If you drink at least two cups of coffee after a workout it can reduce post exercise muscle pain by 48%. From the Journal of Pain, March 2007 .
View chart below for more coffee benefits